Friday, January 27, 2012

Books

I just added two new books to my list. The Self-Sufficient Life by John Seymour and Harvey Ussery's Small-Scale Poultry Flock. They were on sale and I've wanted them for a while so I got them yesterday.
I don't think I've read as much in my whole life as I have in the last four years (and I like to read)!

I like books but since I got my first computer hooked to the net I've found most of the information I need on there. This last year or two I've gone back to buying books as there may come a time that I will not be able to access on-line information. So I think it wise to have the valuable information in hand.

I am also reading "Folks This Aint Normal" by Joel Salatin but I've got that on the computer, a kindle app from Amazon lets you down load some books to your puter as if it were a Kindle. This is cheaper and there is no shipping. I do this if I'm not going to use the book for reference. Don't get me wrong, this is a great book, very entertaining, full of facts and references which I write down in my note book but I would not call it a reference book.

I normally get a lot of reading done during the winter months. That has not happened this year. Spring is here (almost!), I've got seeds in compost, I've got to get my grow light set up, finish planning the garden and I'm spring cleaning now cuz in another month I won't have time for it. Normally I don't say where did this winter go?? Where did summer go, what happened to spring and wasn't it a short fall, but never do I say such things about winter.

Today it's cold, rainy and the wind is blowing. I'm not cleaning today. I'm going to make a cup of tea, finish the garden plan and read..

No comments:

Post a Comment