Thursday, January 26, 2012

Starting Seeds

 
Started seeds today!


Celery (which I have never grown), cabbage, leek, cauliflower, and broccoli. I've never had much luck getting the broccoli and cauliflower to grow for me. I always get them in too late. I'm starting them under lights this year but I think they should have been started the beginning of the month. I'm just starting a few of each as an experiment. Don't want to waste precious bed space if they don't produce before it gets too hot for them. I've never started seeds indoors under lights before so I'm curious how this will all work.



I didn't have any seed starting medium so I am using pure compost (the other part of the experiment). I've read on some of the garden forums that compost works great. On the other hand I've read that it didn't do so good. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment