Thursday, January 19, 2012

Repurposing

Spinach past drying on a repurposed antique clothes drying rack.


I’ve been making homemade pasta the last few months in an effort to cut down on what I have to buy from the grocery store. My family loves it but I could never find a way to dry it enough to be able to store it out of the freezer (I have a small freezer). (I have no idea why this is bold but I can't fix it so it stands??)

I love antiques, especially wood. Some years ago my mother bought for me an antique clothes-drying rack. It sat around for years as it’s much too old and fragile to actually use for it’s intended purpose. BUT it makes a great drying rack for pasta!
Pasta doesn’t take long to make (once you get the hang of it), I use my kitchen aid for the dough and I have a hand-cranked pasta roller and cutter. It’s much better than store bought. For one thing I don’t have to remember to buy it! It’s fresh and the possibilities are endless. You can put any spices you like in the dough, add spinach, carrot, or even dried tomatoes and you get to choose how thick you want it.

The Italian Dish has a quick video and complete instructions if you’ve never done it before.

Try it! You will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment