Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lemon Cuckoo Orpington

Lemon Cuckoo Orpington Chicks
 These are going to be beautiful chickens! 
As they get older they will get a bit darker and the cuckoo pattern will be a lot more pronounced. I have three hens and a rooster, I paid 10.00 per chick from a local breeder. It's the first time I've paid more than 3.00 for a chick, ever. I saw the parents, they are big and beautiful, the breeder told me he paid $300.00 for the pair.
I'm looking for a "good" dual purpose bird. Normally I would not consider Orpingtons for this purpose. I've had them in the past and although they were good egg layers I didn't consider them to be big enough for a table bird. I'm hoping these will fit the bill, time will tell.
If you're raising table birds I'd love to know what breed and why you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment